As he main writer on this site, I thought I’d take a moment to let you know about me and my background.
First off, the five words i think best capture my personal style and brand.
- HONEST- I don’t shy away from what I think is the truth. Having true, objective positions in the world of journalism and sports is a commodity. No take is ever hot to be hot, it’s an honest assessment of what I think is the truth.
- INVESTED- When I have something in front of me, I do it thoroughly. If you see a story from me, know I took all the time necessary and put loads of thought into it that didn’t make it on the page.
- OBJECTIVE- While it’s hard to stay completely unbiased, my goal is to bring you the truth, no matter if it makes me or a team or an individual look bad.
- REALISTIC- What I aim for, and expect others to do as well, is set realistic goals and standards to live up to. I am human, I am not perfect. However, that doesn’t hold me back from pushing myself into new areas and expanding my knowledge and expertise.
- CURIOUS- I’m interested in how the world works. The world of sports and the world in general is something that fascinates me. My goal is to make sense of what works and what doesn’t.
I am currently a Journalism student at Central Michigan University. Although I cover and enjoy all sports, I played baseball for 12+ years in my youth, as well as spent two years coaching high school baseball. While my resumé doesn’t include many journalistic accolades, I hope to change that very soon.
My personal mission statement is to provide the most honest, true, clear cut work on sports available. I want to be known as someone who was accurate time and again. I want to take the world of sports journalism from hot takes to true takes.